careers at everest academy
Please stay tuned to this page for updates on positions that are currently vacant and accepting applications from individuals matching the qualifications provided at Everest Academy.
Resumé and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line, as well as your first and last name. We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Located in Vaughan, ON, Everest Academy is a co-educational private school for student-athletes from Grades 4 through 12 and Post-Grad. Regardless of a student’s passion, Everest Academy provides a challenging, stimulating, safe, and supportive learning environment where individuals strive to exceed their potential. Everest Academy students experience a fully integrated athletic skill training, education, leadership, and fitness platform that is second to none. Our graduates go on to be scholars and athletes at some of the top Universities across Canada and the United States.
Everest Academy is seeking experienced OCT Certified Teachers to fulfill full-time positions for the 2023-2024 academic year, and potentially onwards in the following areas:
- Junior Homeroom
- Intermediate/Senior English
- Intermediate/Senior Social Science
- Intermediate/Senior Business and Canadian & World Studies
- Senior Mathematics and Chemistry
Teacher to carry out their duties as assigned by the administrative team – Principal, Vice Principal(s), and/or President in the following areas;
- Curriculum and instruction
- Assessment and writing report cards
- Assist with the development and implementation of critical school initiatives
- Parent and community engagement
- Student leadership and development
- School spirit activities
- Participate in team and/or department meetings
- Contribution to newsletter updates
- Communicate with the administrative team
- Reporting on and monitoring of critical initiatives
- Assist with teacher duty roster ie. Morning/afternoon duty, school events such as parent night, family math night, etc.
- Assist with creation and organization of fun/theme days for the Everest Community
- Assist with the Everest Holistic programming
- Ontario Teacher Certification (OCT)
- Strong knowledge of the Ontario curriculum and Growing Success documents
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Experience integrating technology into the learning environment to enhance the learning experience
- Passion for teaching and supporting extra-curricular activities
- A background in athletics is considered an asset
Everest Academy invites qualified individuals to submit their cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates for their interest. We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.